Overview: The Administrative Intern contributes to the success of the Steep Rock Association land trust through hands-on, real-world experiences maintaining operations in our busy office and supporting outreach activities, including interacting with visitors/hikers and social media.
- Keep a positive attitude, have an eagerness to learn and a willingness to do one’s best
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times: dress, communication and behavior
- Maintain accountability, responsibility, and respectfulness in one’s work, including daily logistics (start and end work on time, etc.) and tasks
- Welcome visitors and listen to their needs; send to appropriate staff
- Provide secondary telephone coverage, check voicemail messages, check email for general inquiries, forward specific communications to appropriate staff
- Prepare mailings, check P.O. Box, and run administrative errands
- Scan, sort and file documents appropriately
- Take camping reservations and maintain camping calendar
- Contribute to social media and website through research, writing, and photography
- Assist with advertising and implementation of outreach programming and events
- Edit and maintain database of program and volunteer opportunity registration and evaluation forms
- Maintain organization of office, inventory/restock supplies, set-up/clean-up for meetings, water plants, etc.
- Provide other support to Office Manager and staff as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be proactive, work independently
- Experience in managerial duties, bookkeeping, and computer software (Microsoft Office, Salsa) is desirable, but not required
- Interest in how non-profit organizations work
Working with Steep Rock Association:
This is a paid internship. Compensation is $15/hour, 20 hours per week for ten weeks. Start and end times are flexible to accommodate school dates. Steep Rock Association (SRA) has a collegial and team-oriented work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and act in accordance with laws applicable to employment practices. For more information on Steep Rock Association, please visit www.steeprockassoc.org.
All interns must be fully vaccinated, follow safety protocols, and abide by all Covid-19 regulations.