Overview: The Denise Trevenen Community Engagement Intern contributes to the success of the Steep Rock Association land trust through hands-on, real-world experiences including office, field work, and nonprofit community development, marketing, and outreach activities.
- Keep a positive attitude, have an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to do one’s best
- Always demonstrate professionalism: dress, communication, and behavior
- Maintain accountability, responsibility, and respectfulness in one’s work, including daily logistics and tasks
- Coordinate special events (“Meet & Greet” gatherings, donor appreciation activities, outreach events)
- Document (image, video, written) Citizen Science programs, Trail Work Parties, Judea Garden activities, and similar events for multiple distribution channels.
- Interview donors, volunteers, trustees, and staff to create profile documents
- Ensure donor records are current and accurate with all necessary and pertinent information, and input contacts and actions into database in a timely manner
- Research, create, and manage donor profiles in our CRM database, identifying giving history, capacity, relevant personal information, etc.
- Assist Outreach Committee with in-person surveys of preserve visitors
- Assist in the creation of online quizzes for educational purposes and to increase community engagement [using Typeform, Zapier or equivalent]
- Use of personal vehicle for transportation amongst preserves and a valid Driver’s License. Mileage is reimbursed at Federal rate ($0.585/mile).
- Measure, track, and analyze surveys and quiz results for staff reports
- Catalog photos according to SRA procedures
- Outgoing, friendly and able to mingle with diverse groups of people
- Tech savvy, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate photography, image and video editing, and graphic design skills
- Ability to balance your creativity with effective project management.
- Ability to be proactive, work independently, and work weekends
Working with Steep Rock Association:
Compensation at $15/hr at 20 hours per week for 10 weeks. Start and end times are flexible to accommodate school dates. Steep Rock Association (SRA) has a collegial and team-oriented work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and act in accordance with laws applicable to employment practices. For more information on Steep Rock Association, please visit www.steeprockassoc.org.
All interns must be fully vaccinated, follow safety protocols, and abide by all Covid-19 regulations.