Office Manager Job Description
Steep Rock Association (SRA), a nonprofit land trust located in Washington, CT seeks a full-time Office Manager to join our incredible team. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and well-organized, experienced in working in or managing a busy office, passionate about the environment, tech savvy, and able to interact positively with a diverse set of supporters. This is a full-time benefitted position that reports to the Executive Director.
- Respond to information requests via phone calls, drop-in visitors, email, mail, etc.
- Order supplies and keep office organized and running smoothly
- Manage and maintain records for periodic sales of Steep Rock Association promotional items (maps, honey, etc.)
- Maintain camping schedule; answer campers’ questions; record camping donations
- Prepare outgoing and sort incoming mail
- File records digitally and in hard copy
- Provide support to Executive Director, other staff, and Board of Trustees
- Coordinate the maintenance of & troubleshoot issues with in-house office equipment (computers and network, phone, copier, scanner, etc.)
- Attend quarterly Board of Trustees meetings and take minutes
- Upload and maintain information onto online Board website (archives, minutes, agendas, etc.)
- Maintain accurate QuickBooks records
- Manage cash donations and receipts
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Work with outsourced bookkeeper and auditor
- Reconcile CRM with QuickBooks monthly
- Import online donations from website and Facebook to CRM database
Communications and Social Media
- Coordinate monthly communications and events calendar
- Update website (Word Press), Instagram and Facebook with new content
- Respond to comments from Instagram and Facebook
- Help prepare monthly online newsletter
- Coordinate printing and mailing of VISTA newsletter
- Maintain accurate donor records, enter data, and run reports as needed.
- Assist Development Specialist with correspondence with donors, including Annual Appeal letters
- Help to plan donor and community events and interact with invitees
- Generate tax acknowledgement letters
- Assist with local fundraising campaigns (Give Local, Giving Tuesday, etc.)
- Assist in event planning for fundraisers
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience*
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks software*
- Knowledge of Salsa or donor management software (CRMs) a plus
- Experience with social media and Word Press or other web host platform preferred
- Event planning experience a plus
- Manage confidential information and records*
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to multi-task and prioritize duties*
- Ability to work cooperatively with various personalities from volunteers, donors, staff, community groups, etc.
This is a full-time benefitted position. Salary commensurate with experience. Occasional weekends required. Position is eligible for performance-based incentive bonus.
Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references in a single document by email to email@example.com. For more information, visit www.steeprockassoc.org. Steep Rock offers a collaborative, team-oriented, and flexible work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and act in accordance with laws applicable to employment practices. SRA does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or age.
About Steep Rock Association:
Steep Rock Association is a nonprofit land trust whose mission is to conserve ecologically and historically significant landscapes and riparian corridors in and around Washington, Connecticut and to enhance the community’s connection with nature through outreach, education, and passive recreation. Steep Rock is led by an active and engaged volunteer Board of Trustees and many Trustees and volunteers are actively involved in our diverse programs and well-organized committees. Steep Rock is accredited by the Land Trust Alliance.