“We had a great time meeting the challenge. In 50 years of living here I’d never been to the Pinnacle at Hidden Valley. Three beautiful hikes on three beautiful days in three beautiful preserves.“
More than 150 athletes, artists and amblers of all ages joined Steep Rock’s First wellness challenge leading to the three highest peaks in Steep Rock Association preserves: the Summit at Steep Rock, the Pinnacle at Hidden Valley and Waramaug’s Rock at Macricostas. We were blown away by the amazing photos and feedback that we’ve received!
Best of all, we came together as a community to take in the fresh air and sights at Steep Rock’s most spectacular vistas.
Steep Rock’s Kasia Smith: As the chair of Steep Rock Association’s Outreach committee, I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for your continued support of Steep Rock Association. Our outreach activities like the 3 Peaks in 3 Weeks Wellness Challenge are made possible in part by support from our incredible donors, our remarkable staff and trustees, and our loyal supporters. We are proud of the success of our inaugural wellness event and look forward to highlighting upcoming events and experiences for you to enjoy in our monthly e-newsletter. We encourage you to continue to explore the unparalleled natural beauty of Steep Rock and hope that you create lasting memories with your friends and family for years to come!
“Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” -Katrina Mayer
Event Hashtag: #3Peaks3WeeksSRA
- Personal wellness assessment and two consultations with Kasia Smith, Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach, Copilot Wellness ($485 value). Winner: Susan Chellis
- A Sportsmen’s of Litchfield gift certificate for a new pair of hiking shoes and a day pack filled with hiking essentials. ($300 value). Winner: Ann Virbickas
- A $250 gift certificate to New Morning Market attached to a bottle of Nantucket Spider Bug Spray Winner: Ashley Beerss-Mendes
- An adult bike helmet and camelback hydration pack from Class Cycles (valued at $180) Winner: Jennifer Judge
- A $100 gift certificate to be used at Waldingfield Farm’s farm stand. Winner: Craig Anderson
- $100 gift certificate to the Smith Store. Winner: Sarah Payne